Thursday, July 31, 2014

Be A Super Hero!!! ... to the Blank Station




I have such a soft spot in my heart for Blankman

As a kid, my family wasn't rich, and I obsessed about the 1966 Batman tv show (the sci-fi channel played it in the mornings before school started). But when Blankman came to theaters, i was watching an average person try to be super hero without Batman's millions, and it was awesome! Damon Wayans brings the character of Blankman to life in a relatable positive light, as Blankman just wants to make a difference.

If you haven't watched Blankman, i strongly recommend you rent it on iTunes or Netflix. It's hysterical and pays its respect to the classic Batman tv series that came before it. Did I mention how funny this movie is? (when Blankman screams like a girl after getting slapped still gets me every time).

After watching the movie this month, I got to doodling, and what was going to be a quick little sketch turned into a full illustration. Eventually, I ha a full fledge poster layout full of 60's pop colors. It wasn't until last night that I realized in August it was the 20th anniversary oof the movie!  What a crazy coincidence and really happy at the turn of events!

Hope you all like it!






No comments: